Monday, December 8, 2008

A Change Has Got To Come

by Angela Flynn 12/08

angelaflynn80@msn.com

I recently read Blue Windows by Barbara Wilson. Barbara was raised as a Christian Scientist. Christian Scientists are admonished to look out of only rose-colored windows because evil and sickness do not exist. Everything is perfection. Her mother ended up getting breast cancer and completely lost it, as this did not fit her belief system. The poor woman drank Drano in her effort to kill herself. She never regained her sanity through her years of treatment for the damage done by the Drano and the breast cancer and eventually died from it. Barbara's grandmother was a Christian Scientist practitioner who spent her days performing remote healing. To her dying day she never told her community about what happened to her daughter. Again it did not fit her belief system.

I'm pretty fed up with people and their belief systems. Robert Kane, an engineer who worked as a top developer for thirty years with Motorola and the author of Cellular Telephone Russian Roulette wrote on how the telecom industry created a belief system that radio frequency (RF) radiation cannot have non-thermal bio effects. They did this in spite of the decades of research demonstrating evidence of these non-thermal effects. Kane unsuccessfully sued Motorola for the brain tumor that eventually took his life.

Research demonstrating evidence on the non-thermal bio effects of RF microwaves goes back at least 75 years.

Here is an excerpt from "Overloading of Towns and Cities with Radio Transmitters (Cellular Transmitter): A hazard for the human health and a disturbance of eco-ethics" by Karl Hecht and Elena N. Savoley of the International Research Centre of Healthy and Ecological Technology (IRCHET) Berlin – Germany

http://www.hese-project.org/hese-uk/en/heseuk/profile.php?id=kh

"A Very Serious Warning 36 Years Ago

"Unless adequate monitoring and control based on a fundamental understanding of biological effects are instituted in the near future, in the decades ahead, man may enter an era of energy pollution of the environment comparable to the chemical pollution of today."


"The consequences of undervaluing or misjudging the biological effects of long-term, low level exposure could become a critical problem for the public health, especially if genetic effects are involved."


These quotations are excerpts from the US government report "Program for Control of Electromagnetic Pollution of the Environment", which was published in December 1971. The government report was drafted starting in December 1968 by an expert group made up of nine people, "The Electromagnetic Radiation Management Advisory Council". "The President's Office of Telecommunications Policy" issued the order. This report was an urgent warning for the future.


Radio Wave or Microwave Sickness Known for 75 Years

Seventy-five years ago in August 1932, the German doctor Erwin Schliephake published scientific data in the German Medical Weekly about radio transmitter-induced "microwave" or "radio wave sickness" with the following symptoms: severe tiredness and fatigue during the day, fitful sleep in the night, headaches to the point of intolerability, and high susceptibility to infection.


These symptoms, which are also observed in neurasthenia (enervation), were not to be traced back to the thermal effects, but rather to the athermal effects of high-frequency electromagnetic radiation, according to Schliephake's view. The health-damaging effect of high-frequency electromagnetic and electric radiation was reproduced in thousands of investigations.


This microwave sickness, induced by athermal high-frequency EMF radiation, was verified by the scientific work of the Russian author Zinaida Gordon from the Moscow Institute for Industrial Hygiene und Occupational Diseases, in 1966 in the Russian language and in 1970 in the English language, among many others. She examined more than 1,000 workers who worked at radio installations, electric utilities, radar stations, etc., over the duration of 10 years. She established the following symptoms:

Daytime tiredness; neurovegetative disorders; loss of productiveness; neurosis; sleeplessness; depressions; headaches; hyperactivity and inner agitation; cardiovascular regulation changes of various types

According to Prof. Gordon [1966], the symptoms strengthened with increasing duration of exposure, and sensitivity to the microwave radiations increased.


Reports from Poland were presented by Baranski (1971, 1967, 1966) and Czereski et al. (1972, 1964) about: microwave syndrome and chromosome damage, and by Minecki [1967, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961] about: psychoneurovegetative disorders; chromosome damage; neurasthenia; embryonic development disorders after the chronic influence of weak high-frequency fields. Karel Marha, from the Institute for Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Diseases Prague (1968-1971), reported about analogous symptoms, like they had already been described by the others. He stressed, though, that the brain functions are especially sensitive to high-frequency electromagnetic radiation.


In the USA from 1955 until 1969, eleven large conferences took place under the title "Microwaves – Their Biologic Effects and Damages to Health". The so-called Richmond Conference in 1969 presented such overwhelming facts that the above-mentioned government report had to be compiled. Besides the microwave symptoms mentioned, gastric bleeding, leukemia, chromosome breakages, cancer, and clouding of the eye lenses were also observed by doctors in the USA."

And what did we get from the FCC in 1974? "The principal, and probably the only, significant environmental effect is the visual impact of the completed facilities." This statement was on the potential environmental impacts of microwave relay stations in its 1974 order implementing NEPA rules. And, then in 1996, the FCC churned out the industry dream with the Telecommunication's Act. It states: SEC. 704. FACILITIES SITING; RADIO FREQUENCY EMISSION STANDARDS. `(B) LIMITATIONS- iv) No State or local government or instrumentality thereof may regulate the placement, construction, and modification of personal wireless service facilities on the basis of the environmental effects of radio frequency emissions to the extent that such facilities comply with the Commission's regulations concerning such emissions.

Funny how finding this out makes all of the people blindly embracing this technology come across as so totally not based on reality as the people who believe in only faith healing. Well funny is not the right word. How many people have to be injured due to belief systems based on what people want to believe?

I was talking to a woman who is into The Secret. I told her I did not believe my health was harmed by RF microwaves because I believed it would happen. She told me that it was more likely that it happened because I don't believe I deserve good health. So what, all of a sudden at age 43 I decided I no longer deserved good health? Give me a friggin break. Recently I spoke with a woman who is associated with the First Congregational Church where I was initially almost lethally harmed by the cellular antennas that are placed on the building a mere 60 feet from the classroom I was in. She tried to convince me that my symptoms were not associated with my exposure to RF microwaves. I mentioned how when I remove myself from exposure my symptoms go away. She tried to convince me that this is because I am not stressed when I go away. Well I have the just about most low stress job and life in the world. I am a live-in caregiver for a woman who needs no physical help. My hours are at night while I sleep. I have all day and all weekend free. I live in an ideal location in a lovely home. There is no stress in my home or in my job. In fact vacationing with some people I have spent time with is much more stressful than my day-to-day life. When I get to low emr environments I feel much better than I do while at my home. But she is right. I am totally stressed. I am totally stressed because I have nowhere to go. Almost everywhere has WiFi and cell phone microwaves. Even our National and State parks. I had planned to stay here until I was able to get the removal of my neighborhood cell tower. I had planned to stay here forever. I imagine I could still do that, but unfortunately I also now believe that the cost on my health will be too great. Over the last 20 months I know the cell tower and WiFi exposure has fried my brain. I find it harder and harder to recall simple things. Words are misspelt and then I have to seriously ponder how to spell "this". Morning after morning I wake up feeling exhausted as I lay awake every night from 3am until 6am. I am so angry. I'm angry that many of our world governments and the tech industries have suppressed the decades of research that should have prevented my injuries. I'm angry that for the most part people don't care. It just doesn't fit their belief systems. Instead of taking action to protect themselves and their loved ones they blame the victim.

When I was an infant my lungs were damaged by second hand smoke. Now I face an even more insidious threat. I say this because even I want wireless technology. I had a wireless router for two years in my bedroom before I realized it was harming me. I dreamt of the day I could afford a laptop and get online anywhere and everywhere.

How can the world be convinced to take a sane approach to exposure? I am constantly debating, well, is it just me? Should I retreat to some dark hollow where the radio waves never reach? If I believed this I would, but through my worldwide networking and from the scientific evidence it is apparent that millions of people are being harmed. It is likely that no one is immune - that we all have a tipping point. If it were just bodily pain that was happening I again might be able to turn away and try to get on with my life. But no, it is the mental impairment that convinces me I must put all of my energy into educating people on this issue and to work on the Federal level towards sane regulations on exposure levels.

The BioInitiative Report, published August 2007, is a peer review of over a thousand studies on the non-thermal bio effects from RF microwave radiation. The authors recommend an exposure level that is a thousand times lower than the U.S. level. This exposure level should factor in the combined exposure of the multiple frequencies in our environment. No one should be living as close as I do to these antennas.

So I will leave my home and my job and the cellular antennas 300 feet away on a mere two-story building. I will leave my hometown Santa Cruz as almost every shop, restaurant, business and home has WiFi and neighborhood cell towers. (Simpkins Family Swim Center, Engfers Pizza, Charlie Hong Kong, River Café, Gateway Books and the SC Vet's Hall are a few exceptions.) I will retreat for a while to a low RF microwave environment. I do this with a heavy heart, but also knowing that no matter where I am I will continue on with the smashing of the rose-colored windows of errant belief systems for I will only look through clear windows. As Magda Havas, Ph.D., a leading researcher in this field, says, "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

So yes, unless we all choose to accept early senility and the other debilitating harm to our health that the RF radiation is doing, a change has got to come. It has already started in the small Principality of Liechtenstein as they recently adapted the BioInitiatve recommended RF radiation exposure of 0.6V/m http://videos.next-up.org/SfTv/Liechtenstein/AdoptsTheStandardOf06VmBioInitiative/09112008.html . Liechtenstein will be dismantling the antennas that do not meet this standard. So will you join with the governmental agencies, doctors and scientists worldwide who are calling for exposure standards that protect us? Or will you continue on knowing that every cell phone call you make is not only harming you, but also all of the people and children who live and work in the near vicinity of cellular antennas?

References –

BioInitiative Report: A Rationale for a Biologically based Public Exposure Standard for Electromagnetic Fields (ELF and RF)

http://www.bioinitiative.org

Watch Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tZDor-_co0

US Congressional Hearing on Cell Phone Health Effects 25.09.2008 US Congressional hearing on Cell Phone Health Effects Convened by Congressman Dennis Kucinich, Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Policy of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

Watch Video

http://domesticpolicy.oversight.house.gov/story.asp?ID=2201

University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Important Precautionary Advice Regarding Cell Phone Use

http://www.upci.upmc.edu/news/upci_news/072308_celladvisory.cfm

The EMR Policy Network - Advancing Sound Electromagnetic Policy

http://www.emrpolicy.org/

The EMR Network

http://www.emrnetwork.org/

ENERGYFIELDS.ORG AKA Council on Wireless Technology Impacts

http://www.energyfields.org/

Sage Associates Sage EMF Design is a division of Sage Associates, an environmental consulting firm located in Montecito, California which provides land use suitability analysis to private clients and public agencies regarding geologic, soils, agricultural, biologic and environmental policy constraints.

www.sageassociates.net

Microwave Sickness

http://www.naturalmatters.net/article.asp?article=2965&cat=247

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=167481735&blogID=409369977

Wireless Stress Syndrome

http://www.wirelessstress.com/

California Government Environmental Health Investigations Branch California Electric and Magnetic Fields (EMF) Program

http://www.ehib.org/emf

San Francisco Neighborhood Antenna-Free Union (SNAFU) is a grass-roots, city-wide coalition of individual residents and neighborhood organizations that works to prevent the placement of wireless antennas on or near residences, schools, health care centers, day care centers, senior centers, playgrounds, places of worship, and other inappropriate locations in the City and County of San Francisco.

http://www.antennafreeunion.org/

The Science and Public Policy Institute Electromagnetic Radiation Intervention Program (EMR-IP) offers four layers of assistance or services to those who have suffered from electromagnetic radiation exposure. This addresses a real need that has emerged throughout the world and this level of support cannot be found anywhere else. The EMR-IP is a program of assistance and service for those who are suffering in response to the requests from those who are suffering.

http://www.sppionline.org/

The Canadian Initiative to Stop Wireless, Electric and Electromagnetic Pollution

http://weepinitiative.org/

Trent University Institute for Health Studies Research deals with the health effects of non-ionizing electromagnetic energy at the extremely low frequency range associated with electricity (60 Hertz) and at the radio frequency range commonly associated with wireless telecommunication.

www.trentu.ca/academic/ihs/mhavas.html

Microwave News For more than 25 years, Microwave News has been reporting on the potential health and environmental impacts of electromagnetic fields and radiation. We are widely recognized as a fair and objective source of information on this controversial subject.

http://www.microwavenews.com/index.html

h.e.s.e. project The international scientific Internet platform on topical issues in affiliation with the Kompetenz initiative

http://www.hese-project.org/hese-uk/en/niemr/index.php

ElectromagneticHealth.org is dedicated to being an educational resource for the public, health care providers and the media on the health hazards of electromagnetic radiation.

http://electromagnetichealth.org/

Powerwatch is a non-profit independent organisation with a central role in the UK Electromagnetic Field and Microwave Radiation health debate. We work closely with decision-makers in government and business, and with other like-minded groups, promoting policies for a safer environment.

http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/

Next Up Organisation News of the World

http://www.next-up.org

BĂĽrgerwelle e.V. Welcome to one of the biggest information sources concerning mobile phones, mobile radiocommunications and electrosmog

http://www.buergerwelle.de/cms/content/view/57/70/

Mast Sanity

http://mastsanity.org/

Cell Phone Risks

http://www.laleva.cc/environment/cellphones_risk.html

Less EMF Shop The EMF Safety SuperStore

http://lessemf.com/

Safe Living Technologies, Inc. - Electromagnetic Field "EMF" and Radio Frequency "RF" Safety Solution Providers

http://safelivingtechnologies.ca

Neuert Electromagnetic Services - Nationwide: We provide all the services and products needed to test and reduce electromagnetic fields (EMFs) — in homes, schools and offices...

http://emfcenter.com

EMF Interface Consulting Building & property inspections for measurement of electromagnetic filed at specific

http://www.emfinterface.com

EMF Services - EMF Testing, Abatement, Consulting Services

http://www.emfservices.com